As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our company within the United States or internationally.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
Information Collection And Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our site, services, features and content, to administer your use of the site and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the site (collectively, the "Service").
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you register with us through the site, when you join our mailing list, or when you make a purchase via the site, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address, and postal address. If you choose to make a purchase via the site, our third party payment processor service providers may also collect billing information such as your credit card number or billing address. We use the Personal Information you provide mainly to provide the Service, process your transactions and administer your inquiries.
- In order to access additional functionality of the site, you may be required to create an account for your use of the Service ("Account"). You may create an Account directly via the site. When you create an Account, you will become a "Member" of the Service.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of account registration and your use of the Service (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information. We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Original Stitch Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with marketing and promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or contact us at support at originalstitch.com with "Privacy" as the subject line of the email. (See "Changing or Deleting Your Information," below.)
When you visit the site, whether as a Original Stitch Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "Original Stitch User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our site, pages of our site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the site and the Service and for the site's technical administration, to increase our site's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors' needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
We may also use "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (individually or collectively "Pixel Tags") in connection with our Service to collect usage, demographic and geographical location data. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel that is ordinarily not visible to users and may be associated with cookies on a user's hard drive. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the site, to deliver branded services and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Original Stitch. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Aggregated Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics and improvement of the site's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Original Stitch cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Original Stitch or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Original Stitch may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing Or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us or by making edits via the "My Account" section of the site. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please contact us at support at originalstitch.com with "Privacy" as the subject line of the email with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Original Stitch is very concerned with safeguarding your information, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In some cases, we also encrypt sensitive information where it is stored on our systems.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links To Other Sites
Our site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by "clicking on" a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites may follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This site is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at support at originalstitch.com with "Privacy" as the subject line of the email. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.